In Case You Missed It ~ Council Actions
In case you missed it, below are the Council Actions from the June 14, 2016 Town Council meeting:
• Approved the Minutes of the May 10, 2016 Town Council Meeting.
• Approved Resolution #16-12 – Expressing Appreciation for the Goods, Equipment and Services Rendered for the 9th Annual Bass Fishing Tournament.
• Approved Resolution #16-13 – Expressing Appreciation for the Goods, Equipment and Services Rendered for the Town’s 11th Annual Waterway Cleanup.
• Approved a Proclamation by the Town Council Proclaiming the week of June 20-26, 2016 as Amateur Radio Week.
• Approved an Interlocal Agreement between the Town of Lake Clarke Shores and Palm Beach County to agree on the sharing of tax increment revenues with respect to the Town’s Community Redevelopment Area as authorized, pursuant to Sec.163.387(3)(b), Fla. Stat. (2015).
• Approved a Motion directing staff to send a letter to Palm Beach County authorizing a thirty (30) day extension to the 120 day limitation in Florida Statutes regarding the processing of Community Redevelopment Areas by charter counties to a date certain of July 22, 2016. (draft letter attached)
• Approved forfeiture expenditure in an amount not to exceed $2,500.00 to purchase and install two (2) Wi-Fi systems for the two (2) Incident Command vehicles used by the Police Department during various types of disasters.
• Approved Daniel Clark as the Town’s designated voting delegate during the 90th Annual Florida League of Cities, Inc. Conference.
• Approved a final payment to 1800 Forest Hill, Inc. in the amount of $301.933.37 for the construction of the Town’s gravity sewer system located on their property. The amount reflects additional work requested by the Town and change orders in the amount of $88,083.37 and an overall budget increase of $61,600.87. The motion will allow staff to close out the Sewer Construction Agreement with 1800 Forest Hill, Inc. dated April 8, 2014, secure our easements and obtain a bill of sale.