From the Police Department
Police Department's Monthly Update
· 40- patrol hours/road coverage/inclement weather restrictions
· 24-warnings issued
· 8-citations issued
· 33-safety inspections
· A new boat cover was purchased
· 60 Code Violations issued for the month
· Sgt. Howell, Ofc. Fisher, Det. Schack, D/S Ledbetter and K9 Duke Participated in Career Day at Sacred Heart School and Meadow Park Elementary. Everyone had a great time; the teachers stated that having a positive interaction with a Police Officer is such an awesome experience for their students.
· Sgt. Howell, Detective Schack, Ofc. Pizutti attended training from SART for "Responding to Cases of Sexual Assault Involving Victims with Disabilities"
· Detective Schack attended rifle training provided by Palm Springs Police Department.
· Commander Abruscato has taken over as the FTO Coordinator and will be updating the FTO Training Manual.
· $10,000.00 was received as reimbursement from Palm Beach County Fire Rescue for the cost of the new AED's purchased for the Police Department.
· All Motorola Radios have arrived they will be sent to Palm Beach County Radio Shop to be programed before the new 800 MHz radio system goes on-line.
Full report/update available on Town Council Agenda/Status Reports - June 13, 2017.