What a great beginning to the Holiday Season!
The 16th Annual Lake Clarke Shores “Holidays in Paradise” Parade took place on Saturday, December 6th. More than 30 entries were registered for the parade and over 150 people participated. There were approximately over 200 spectators along the route to watch as the parade went by. A special thanks to our Grand Marshal, Florida Senator Jeff Clemens. Other dignitaries joining in the lineup this year were Palm Beach County Mayor Shelley Vana and her granddaughter, State Representative Dave Kerner, and United States Representative Lois Frankel.
The judges had a difficult time again this year deciding who would win the coveted trophies. After narrowing it down, the winners, by category, are as follows: (check out the photo gallery of the winners here)
- Antique Car ~ Martin Flanagan and his 1980 Austin London Taxi
- Bicycle ~ Barbara Boger riding her red three wheeler
- Boat ~ Mike Wade with his decorated 1980 white Mako boat
- Car/Convertible ~ Bill Jones for his 1977 Red Corvette
- Float ~ New Life Alliance Church with their “In God we Trust” theme
- Golf Cart ~ Robert & Susan Trosclair with a “Mardi Gras Christmas” theme
- Misc. Group ~ In Nae Tae Kwon Do with a “Ninja Turtle” theme
- Truck ~ Don Keltner driving a 1961 Seagrave Fire Engine
Congratulations to all of the parade winners. We would like to thank those that participated in the parade and the many volunteers that made the 16th Annual “Holidays in Paradise” parade a success!
The Jim and Judy Tackett Memorial Christmas Tree Decorating and Lighting Ceremony began at 5:00 pm at Memorial Park with approximately 150 residents and friends participating in this event. A great time was had by all!
A big thank you to Smokin’ Gator BBQ for the pulled pork sliders enjoyed by all; the residents that generously donated the baked goods for the event; the Forest Hill High School “Dimension 20” singers for their wonderful Christmas caroling; the Young Singers of the Palm Beaches for the use of their sound equipment; Bill Murphy and the many other volunteers that helped to make this another memorable event!