Lake Clarke Shores is a great community for Joggers and walkers. Theses tips will help make you next outing a safe one.
- Make sure people can see you. Think about where you are going and how much lighting there is. Going out at dusk or at night is dangerous without some type of reflective material on your clothing. Many athletic shoes have reflective qualities built in.
- Run against traffic so you can observe approaching automobiles.
- Run clear of parked cars or bushes. Do not wear headsets. If you wear them, you will not hear an approaching car.
- Carry a flashlight.
- Jog or run with a known companion.
- Carry a whistle or high decibel battery powered personal alarm device when you jog or run.